Wednesday 18 January 2012

Seriously animating.

I know that not too many (if any) people read this blog, but here I go again.

I have spent the last week or so of my abundant free time, studying everything I can about Flash, animation techniques and methods, and practising using flash for basic animations and the like and have been really enjoying it. I have also been to TAFE and signed up for the diploma in information technology (networking) so that I may finally have something to actually show an employer as a reason they should hire me.

In all my time on the earth I have been into cartoons, (as evidenced by the tattoos on my arms) and I'm definitely not saying that I think this is my new calling, but I submitted another cartoon that I made in a night to newgrounds.com (check it out, the link to the site is in the sidebar and the video is on the video's page of this blog), and actually received some really good reviews! One member said that it "may be very well the best one I've seen" and I got two 10/10 ratings and none below 7/10.

This has inspired me a little to start serious work on a an animated short. I'm not too sure of what I'll do, but at the moment I'm focussing on learning all I can from artists of other flash videos that I have watched and been inspired by for years (http://chluaid.newgrounds.com/ seriously check this guy out, he's Australian and his stuff is AMAZING! has been on the best of all time wall of newgrounds for 7 years now) and learning all I can from actual training videos that I got.

I also have some interest from a friend of mine, Reece Simmounds, who is a talented artist and a good friend of mine, to start working on an animation collaboration. All of this is getting me really excited as to what the future might hold for me as an animator, but in the mean time, I'm just trying to raise $90 for a graphics tablet.

I would like to hear from you guys in the form of a wall post at http://www.facebook.com/pages/D4m4ge/319763698046097 or a comment on here, some good ideas for an animated short. I'm looking at something scored, possibly without any dialogue and something in the drama or alternative realm, rather than comedy. I am also looking at doing something that doesn't have people in it.

Comments and suggestions are welcome and invited, but for now,

PEACE OUT INTERNETZ! <3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment